Betty - A Brit living in Spain. This´ll be about the English, the Spanish, teaching, languages, politics, life in general, and everything else that has been bugging me recently!!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

streetmemes

Have you heard of these? I noticed them 4 years ago in East Berlin, and when I went back at Christmas, they were everywhere (and quite scary)! Now I´ve seen a few (tame ones) in Madrid.
I think it´s to do with reclaiming the streets, the city for the ordinary people; it´s all reproduced artwork: computer printouts, photocopies, stencils and some of it´s very very ANGRY!!!!...I LOVE IT!!!
Here are my favourites from Berlin:



Did anyone check it was OK to take his photo?

This is part of a series - who is Linda?



Adult cartoons? Weird!











Very lonely - I think this is my favourite...





Or this?













You can put them anywhere, and they come in pairs too!









Creepy, huh?

This is the biggest I´ve ever seen.

And this, the most crowded! The entire thing was at least 3m long and 1m high.

Which is your favourite, and why?

See link for more...

2 Comments:

Blogger deCinabre said...

betty, this is a great blog. i keep checking back to read some more steam being let off or to see some more cool images: i guess there's nothing been bugging you recently.

10:21 pm, December 15, 2005

 
Blogger Electricbluejean said...

I love these pics too, you can find them in Madrid too, protest/guerrilla sprayed pics... even in the paseo de Extremadura... I like one with Amélie's face but over all I like the political ones... check this link about theory of this practice (?) Irene

4:43 pm, January 31, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home